Sunday, May 11, 2014

Colour using gradients

In this lesson, I learnt how to colour shapes using gradients to make the whole design look even cooler with a "3D" effect. I thought it was really fun!

I was given this outline to colour:



Firstly, I started out colouring the eyes. I had to create a reflection on the eyeball by creating another circle and change its transparency. In the end, it turned out a failure! It just looks shaded instead... But the reflection on the pupil is not bad! :D Then I randomly just colour the ant using the same gradient colour! 

The colouring is fun but the tedious part is definitely drawing the closed paths! Some shapes are a bit weird-looking and that's all because I'm still improving my pen tool skills! 

Here is the final result:






No comments:

Post a Comment